DM: Data Mining Position

From: Soheil Shams
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:42:06 -0400 (EDT)

Data Mining Scientist

BioDiscovery, Inc. is a leading gene expression image and data analysis firm with an outstanding client list and a progressive industry stance We are an early-stage start-up company dedicated to the development of state-of-the-art bioinformatic software tools for molecular biology and genomics research. We are rapidly growing and are looking for talented individuals with experience and motivations to take on significant responsibility and deliver with minimal supervision. BioDiscovery is an equal opportunity employer and our shop has a friendly, fast paced atmosphere. We are headquartered in sunny Southern California close to the UCLA campus.

We are looking for a talented, creative individual with a strong background in software development, mathematics, statistics, and pattern recognition. Knowledge of biology and genetics is a plus but not necessary. This position involves development and implementation of pattern recognition and data mining algorithms for a number of ongoing and planned projects. This position requires the ability to formulate problem descriptions through interaction with end-user scientist working in the various aspects of genomics. These technical issues must then be transformed into innovative and practical algorithmic solutions. We expect our scientists to have outstanding written/oral communication skills and encourage publications in scientific journals.

Requirements:

A Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Biostatistics, or related field, or equivalent experience is required. Knowledge of biology and genetics is a plus but not necessary. Experience with MatLab, JAVA, or at least 5 years programming experience.

Please forward you CV along with a cover letter to:
e-mail: hr@biodiscovery.com
snail-mail:
BioDiscovery, Inc.
11150 W. Olympic Blvd.