Re: DM: Large datasets

From: Stephen D. Bay
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:12:16 -0400 (EDT)

Have you tried looking at UCI's kdd site: http://kdd.ics.uci.edu/.
There are several large data sets here which vary in size, but
the biggest are almost 1GB compressed.

If you are looking for multivariate data you may want to browse
through:

  Forest Covertype -- ~600,000 examples
  KDD CUP 98 -- ~100,000 examples

-Stephen

In message <199910190102.VAA02387@nessie.crosslink.net>, "Mohamed A.
Jeragh" writes:

>I'm looking for large dataset in the order of 10^6, I have looked at
>the
>irvine site, but with no luck. can someone please help me here.
>thanx in advance,
>--MJ

Stephen D. Bay                          phone (949) 824-3491
Information and Computer Science        fax   (949) 824-4056
University of California                e-mail sbay@ics.uci.edu
Irvine, CA 92697-3425                   http://www.ics.uci.edu/~sbay