DM: How to use datamining to *protect* privacy?

From: Peter van der Putten
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 22:52:33 -0400 (EDT)
Dear all,

A major vertical application of our visual datamining & matching
environment
DataDetective are e-markets. Examples are websites where you can
search for
jobs, cars & houses (homegenuous product, lots of suppliers, lots of
customers).

I am currently defining a long term research proposal on the use of
datamining to *protect* privacy instead of invading it. An example
would be
a 'cop' agent that monitors consumption behavior to identify somebody
is
using a login of somebody else (deviation detection).

I am very much interested in links, articles, names of researchers
etc that
are relevant for this application.

Regards,

Peter

P.S. Anyone interested in current e-market technology can contact me
as
well.

<---- cut
Peter van der Putten (mailto:pvdputten@smr.nl)
Consultant Sentient Machine Research
(tel) +31 20 6186927 (fax) +31 20 6124504
WWW: http://www.smr.nl