DM: New version of FUZZYMANAGER available

From: Andrew Gray
Date: by brap-3.cais.net (mbox firschng)(with Cubic Circle's cucipop (v1.31 1998/05/13) Mon Nov 8 10:01:21 1999)

Hi,

We have just released the second public version of the
FUZZYMANAGER software for Microsoft Windows (95/98/NT)
named, appropriately enough, FUZZYMANAGER 1.0.1.  This was
developed by the Software Metrics Research Laboratory (SMRL)
and consists of two modules called FULSOME (Fuzzy Logic for
Software Metrics) and CLUESOME (Cluster Extraction for Software
Metrics).  The names reflect the original application area of the
software rather than any limitations or restrictions.

This second version implements a much faster inference process
and corrects various bugs reported by users and found by
ourselves. A few small additional features have been added as well,
but the core functionality is the same as version 1.0.0.

The software is intended to be very easy to use and to help users
understand how their fuzzy logic systems operate.  As such it
guides the user through the steps of creating fuzzy systems, has a
very graphic-oriented interface to explain the inference process,
and has a variety of options for experimenting.  We hope that it will
be useful to anyone who wants a relatively simple interface to fuzzy
logic systems and fuzzy clustering.  We think that it has some
promise for teaching purposes as well.

The FULSOME software allows for data editing, membership
function creation and editing, rule creation and editing, and
inference with a reasonable variety of t-norms, t-conorms,
defuzzication methods, and system options.

CLUESOME, which is still experimental, uses the same file
formats to extract membership functions and/or rules from data
(and existing membership functions if only rules are desired) based
on fuzzy-clustering algorithms.  This can, optionally, all be

accomplished using a wizard interface.  These systems are
generally adequate as rough drafts for an expert to refine, but
perform quite well when compared to other techniques.

The software can be downloaded from the below web page.

http://smrl.otago.ac.nz/downloads/software/fuzzymanager/

This is part of our new web site which is currently being built up
from our old site.  Many of the pages are still blank, but the old
web site is still available.

http://divcom.otago.ac.nz/com/infosci/smrl/home.html

We would be very grateful for any feedback (comments,
compliments, or criticisms) about the software.

Cheers,
Andrew
--
Software Metrics Research Laboratory
Department of Information Science, University of Otago