DM: Academic research search tool

From: Scott Nicholson
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 08:22:04 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings!

I am working on my dissertation at the University of North Texas.  My
goal is to create a tool that can identify a page containing an academic
research article by using data mining.

The purpose of this is to create a search tool that can identify and
index academic research published on the Web.

In order to do this, I need to have a sizable database of pages that
contain academic research.

If you know of a page that meets these conditions:
a.  Contains an academic research article
b.  Is self-contained (that is, the entire article is on a page)
c.  Is in HTML (not LaTex, FTP, Postscript, or PDF),

please visit http://www.scholarlink.com and enter the URL for the
page.

(future stages of this project will be more relaxed on those
conditions)

Not only will this guarantee that the page will be indexed in the
database, but will aid in the completion of this dissertation.

Please pass a copy of this request to your colleagues.

Thanks!

Scott Nicholson
Creator of AskScott.com, your guide to finding it on the Internet.

               Frustrated with Internet Searching?
Try AskScott - Your Guide to Finding IT on the Internet
                 http://www.askscott.com