DM: Faculty opening at Western Michigan University

From: Ajay Gupta
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 22:21:05 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Colleagues,

Our sincere apologies if you happen to receive multiple copies. We would also appreciate much if you could post/publicize our faculty openings in your departments/divisions. Ajay Gupta, Chairman, WMU-CS.

¯---------------------------------------------------------------------------
WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY

The Department of Computer Science at Western Michigan University (www.cs.wmich.edu) seeks applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in computer science beginning August 2000, pending budgetary approval. A Ph.D. in computer science or a closely related field is required. The development of externally funded research and participation in the department's doctoral program, as well as teaching at all levels, are expected. Applications from persons with research interests in all areas of computer science will be considered. Candidates with research interests in networks, multimedia and web technologies are especially encouraged to apply. Western Michigan University, a Carnegie Classification Doctoral I institution which has recently met the criteria to be classified at the Research II level is an equal opportunity employer and has an affirmative action program which encourages applications from underrepresented groups.

Send letter of application, vita, transcripts, statement of research plans and three letters of reference to:

Ajay Gupta, Chair, Department of Computer Science, Western Michigan University, 1201 Oliver St., Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5021. Fax: (616) 387-3999;

Email: ajay.gupta@wmich.edu. Review of applications will begin November 1, 1999, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.

Ajay Gupta
Chairman and Professor             http://www.cs.wmich.edu/~gupta
Computer Science Department       Email: ajay.gupta@wmich.edu
Western Michigan University          Phone: (616) 387-5645/5646
Kalamazoo, MI 49008                    Fax:   (616) 387-3999
USA