DM: Re: Software suggestion for clickstream data mining?

From: Edmund Freeman
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 09:23:56 -0800
My company: Accrue Software (www.accrue.com)

Accrue Software has two main chunks:

INSIGHT / HITLIST: A database system to collect and organize all the
relevant data on web visits.  It goes way beyond log analysis -- it gets
pretty much everything in the packet.  It can string the packets together to
give you a view of each visit as a whole, and ( among a _lot_ of other
things) the  paths that were taken from one page to the next.

DECISION SERIES:  In December Accrue acquired NeoVista (which is where I cam
from), a data mining company that has a complete suite of extremely powerful
and scalable analytic tools.  This is the key to going from averages to
precise analysis.

I work for Accrue so my opinion may be a bit biased :-) but I really believe
that we have the best technology, both in clickstream data and data mining.

A bit about Accrue: over 140 employees with over 400 customers.

--Ed Freeman
--Accrue Software