DM: New Subscription Policy and Instructions for Unsubscribing

From: Dorothy Firsching
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 14:50:37 -0500
As further protection against spam, we have changed the subscription policy
of datamine-l to include confirmation e-mail.

This means, when someone subscribes, they will receive a message containing
a confirmation code.
They will then reply to the message deleting everything but the line
containing the confirmation code.

The confirmation step will help prevent the subscription of bogus or
erroneous addresses to the list.
This protection will be particularly helpful for subscriptions done through
the web site!

Subscribe and unsubscribe instructions can be found on our web site, at
www.nautilus-systems.com/lists.html.  Unsubscribe instructions are now also
at the end of every message.  I hope that helps!

Dorothy Firsching
Nautilus Systems, Inc.
3867 Alder Woods Court
Fairfax, VA  22033