Re: DM: Datamining Definition & UEA MSc & chaid question

From: Paul Wilkie
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:20:09 -0000

Personally I think Information Prospecting is closer to the truth - we are
usually trying to find where the info is (or if it is there at all!), and
often leave the heavy duty mining to more mundane tools.  Anyway I think the
image of an individual panning in a river is much more relevant than  helmet
and pickaxe