Re: DM: Data Mining's (Machine) Psychological Problem

From: Warren Sarle
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 12:18:48 -0500 (EST)
Wayne Poley" at Mar 26, 2000 01:59:47 PM

Sender: owner-datamine-l@nautilus-sys.com

Yes. I have a Sunbeam electric blanket that is claimed to be
intelligent. A few years ago Quaker State advertised intelligent
motor oil. One of the first things a general learning program ought
to learn is not to take marketing hype seriously.

--

Warren S. Sarle       SAS Institute Inc.   The opinions expressed here
saswss@unx.sas.com    SAS Campus Drive     are mine and not necessarily

Email: firschng@nautilus-systems.com
Mail converted by MHonArc 2.2.0