AW: DM: RE: Data Forms for Mining (Limit on variables)

From: Frank Buckler
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 11:15:15 +0200

Issue: Number of Inputs

I'm surprised to hear that some guy's are using from thousand up to million
of inputs.

There exist an upper bound on input-number determined by sample size. This
is advocated due to the VC-Dimension.
For linear regression you need n+1 examples in sample (n = number of input)
This is true but much more severe for non-linear modelling!

frank