DM: Bagging, Boosting, Bundling capabilities

From: Dan Steinberg
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 09:38:42 -0700 (PDT)

In a recent exchange Tom Khabaza quoted "Ken":

  > bagging, and boosting to improve our predictive accuracy.
  > However, as far as
  > I know SAS EM is the only tool that has built in this
  > capability.

Salford Systems CART(r) has bagging and the ARCing variant of boosting built
in; bundling wil follow shortly.  We've been shipping UNIX based versions of
CART with bagging since 1996.

  | Dan Steinberg             | FAX (619) 543 8888              |
  | Salford Systems           | VOICE (619) 543-8880            |
  | 8880 Rio San Diego Dr     |                                 |
  | San Diego, CA 92108       | http://www.salford-systems.com  |

Email: firschng@nautilus-systems.com
Mail converted by MHonArc 2.2.0