DM: Consult and consultr

From: Mathias Kirsten
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 14:49:16 +0100

<200009141048.e8EAmqS15577@server10.quality.org>
Sender: owner-datamine-l@nautilus-sys.com

The C4.5 package is freely downloadable at Quinlans web site
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~quinlan/
But it is no longer supported in any way.
A "re-"distribution of the program is permitted only with
permission from the copyright holder.

Regards,
Mathias.

Mac Johnstone wrote:

 > Consult (and consultr) are two programs that come with the c4.5 package.
 > They are interactive programs used to evaulate existing trees and rulesets
 > with new cases.
 >
 > The c4.5 program package was made available for a fee for purchasers of the
 > book "C4.5: Programs For Machine Learning" (1993) by Ross Quinlan.
 > According to the notice in the book the programs are copyrighted and may not
 > be freely distributed.
 >
 > I think the book is currently out of print and the publisher, Morgan
 > Kaufmann, no longer sells the software.  I don't know what the status of the
 > software is currently.
 >
 > Mac

[...]

--
http://www.mlnet.org         The MLnet Online Information Service

logo Copyright © 1998-2000 Nautilus Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Email: firschng@nautilus-systems.com
Mail converted by MHonArc 2.2.0