Re: DM: RE: Help for "Churn Prediction" ...

From: Gordon S. Linoff
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 13:27:17 -0500

Chapter 11 in "Mastering Data Mining:  The Art and Science of Customer
Relationship Management" (Berry and Linoff; Wiley, 2000) is a case study on
churn modeling in the wireless telephone industry.  Being an author of the
book, I am slightly biased, but I do feel that this is the best treatment of
churn modeling that I've seen.  "Mastering Data Mining" is available at all
the
usual places on-line and in most bookstores with decent computer sections.

For those who are interested, I might as well give a plug for our course,
Customer Relationship Management Through Data Mining, which SAS Institute
has
been kind enough to market.  This is a three-day course.  The agenda is at
http://www.data-miners.com/training/three-day.html and the schedule is at
http://www.sas.com/service/edu/ccode_loc.hsql?ccode=DMCRM&country=US.  We
just
finished giving the first course, and it was very well received.

--gordon
Gordon S. Linoff, Founder
Data Miners, Inc.
gordon@data-miners.com