DM: Cost Savings with Data Mining?

From: Rebecca Buchheit
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 12:12:46 -0500

I'm preparing a grant proposal and would like to cite examples where the
use of KDD/data mining was able to produce significant cost savings.  I
have done extensive searching on the web, but have been unable to find
much that specifically cites how much (in dollar amounts, rather than
just saying "we estimate that we saved a significant amount of time and
money") was saved.  Can anyone point me to a paper or resource about a
case study that actually reports cost savings?

Thank you very much for your time.

--
Rebecca Buchheit                  -    ~0
rb6g@andrew.cmu.edu             --     /|_.  "Pain is temporary.

Email: firschng@nautilus-systems.com
Mail converted by MHonArc 2.2.0