DM: Data Forms for Mining

From: greg.della-croce
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 08:08:46 -0500

I have worked in and around Data Warehouse/Marts with their star schema for
awhile now.   However I am interested what form the data takes when it is being
optimized for Mining.   I am speaking to structured data, not unstructured data
such as large bodies of text.   What are the architectures of a Data Mining DB?
Is the form dependent on the algorithms that you are going to employ
against it?
Or is it more general in nature?

Thank you for your replies!

Greg Della-Croce