DM: Comparing Data Mining Systems with Human Analysts

From: alfredo_pereira
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 03:27:09 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

Does anyone knows something about comparing
the option of having an automated data mining
system, constructing predictive models, with
one or more human analysts that study the data
and construct rules?

The real situation I'm involved does not
has the real analysts so it's hard to prove that
the data mining system will not be better than
having them.

Of course I'm aware that a human analyst
with enough experience in the problem can come
up with better results, but he/she won't take
one day to construct a predictive model or a rule.

I would like to know any experiences or results
on this matter.

Thanks,

Alfredo Pereira