DM: PRELIMINRAY?

From: Doug Reid
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 15:18:13 -0700
PRELIMINRAY?  I'm afraid to attend.

Good luck

Doug

 > PRELIMINRAY PROGRAM
 > -------------------
 >
 > FRIDAY, July 7, 2000
 > ====================
 >
 > 8:45 - 9:00 Welcome
 >
 > Session 1 >> Personal Information Agents
 >
 > [9:00 - 9:45]
 > Invited Talk:
 > Life-Like Synthetic Characters in the Internet: The Future Landscape.
 > Elisabeth Andre, DFKI GmbH, Intelligent User Interfaces Lab, Germany.
 >
 > [9:45 - 10:30]
 > Invited Talk:
 > Affective Computing for Future Agents.
 > Rosalind W. Picard, MIT Media Laboratory, Media Arts and Sciences, USA.
 >
 > 10:30 - 11:00
 > ** Discussion/Coffee Break **
 >

 > Session 2 >> Rational Information Agents for E-Commerce (1)
 >
 > [11:00 - 11:30]
 > Bilateral negotiation with incomplete and uncertain information:
 > A decision-theoretic approach using a model of the opponent.
 > C. Mudgal, J. Vassileva
 >
 > [11:30 - 12:00]
 > On ensuring lower bounds of negotiation results.
 > O. Goerlitz, R. Neubert, W. Benn
 >
 > 12:00 - 14:00
 > ** LUNCH BREAK **
 >
 > [14:00 - 15:00]
 > Invited Talk:
 > Collaborating Rational Agents for Next-Generation E-Commerce.
 > Jeff Kephart, IBM Thomas Watson Research Center, USA.
 >

 > Session 3 >> Societies of Information Agents
 >
 > [15:00 - 15:30]
 > Small-world reputation management in online communities.
 > B. Yu, M.P. Singh
 >
 > 15:30 - 16:00
 > ** Coffee Break **
 >
 > [16:00 - 16:30]
 > A cybernetic approach to the modeling of agent communities.
 > W. Truszkowski, J. Karlin
 >
 > [16:30 - 17:00]
 > Role of acquaintance models in agent-based production planning system.
 > M. Pechoucek, V. Marik, O. Stepankova
 >
 > [17:00 - 17:45]
 > Invited Talk:
 > Emergent Societies of Information Agents.
 > Paul Davidsson, University of Karlskrona/Ronneby, SoC, Sweden.
 >

 > SATURDAY, July 8, 2000
 > ======================
 >
 > [9:00 - 10:00]
 > Invited Talk:
 > Inspiration for Future Autonomous Space Systems.
 > Richard J. Doyle, Center for Space Mission Information and Software
 > Systems, Jet Propulsion Lab, USA.
 >
 > Session 4 >> Agent-Based Information Gathering and Mediation
 >
 > [10:00 - 10:30]
 > Knowledge agents on the Web.
 > Y. Aridor, D. Carmel, A. Soffer, Y.S. Maarek
 >
 > 10:30 - 11:00
 > ** Coffee Break/Discussion **
 >
 > [11:00 - 11:30]
 > ICEBERG: Exploiting context in information brokering agents.
 > C.M. Jonker, A. Vollebregt
 >
 > [11:30 - 12:00]
 > A dynamic access planning method for information mediator.
 > Y. Kitamura, T. Noda, S. Tatsumi
 >
 > [12:00 - 12:30]
> [...]

DOUGLAS B. REID, MA                Management Psychologists
John Fleury & Associates, Ltd.   Human Resource Consultants
710-1050 West Pender St.           604 683 6596 fax 604 684 7988
                           Vancouver, BC, Canada V6E 3S7
                                    http://www.raybern.ca

         Nan et ipsa scientia potestas est -  Knowledge is Power
Any attachments to this message have been scanned for viruses by The
Electric Mail Company Inc.'s E-mmunity (tm) service employing Trend
Micro technology.  Prior to opening any attachments see liability
disclaimer at: http://www.electricmail.com/e-mmunity_disclaimer.html

Email: firschng@nautilus-systems.com
Mail converted by MHonArc 2.2.0